About Me

Lubbock (From Houston), Texas, United States
I am a recovering addict/alcoholic and have been sober since 8/15/2003

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

For the idea of altruism
For accepting my alcoholism
For money in the bank
That I no longer shoot crank
For being done with English 1 as of 5:00 p.m.
For not coughing up phlegm
For work never being truly done
For a chance to be a better son
For the power of prayer
That I no longer consider myself a player
Pray for my Aunt (battling this disease)
Help me keep an open mind and stay focused
Quote of the day:
The Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence.
Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness, 1964US (Russian-born) novelist (1905 - 1982)
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.
Vincent T. Lombardi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that Ayn Rand quote.
Nice list. I will keep coming to visit you if that is o.k.
Peace,
Scout