About Me

Lubbock (From Houston), Texas, United States
I am a recovering addict/alcoholic and have been sober since 8/15/2003

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday, January 05, 2008:

I find that the longer I stay sober the more unacceptable my defects of character become. Before I got sober when I was rude or antisocial or made a poor decision I could justify it by saying “I can’t help it! I have a drug problem!!” but today with a little over 4 years of sobriety I can’t blame the decisions I make or the way I act on anyone or anything. I guess I just find that when I hurt someone today it’s much more noticeable today. I recently made a bad judgment call and in the process I hurt someone I love very much. There is no way I can change what I did but I can try and amend my behavior so as to not let it happen again. Ok that’s all for now.


Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke. -- Lynda Barry

No comments: